Burned microwave popcorn

Yikes, If you are reading this, you’ve burned popcorn in the microwave. You need to immediately:

  • Turn the kitchen fan on (especially if the microwave is vented to the outside)
  • Turn every ceiling fan in your house on
  • Open every window and door (no matter what the temperature is)
  • Make sure the popcorn is in the garbage and out of the house
  • Open the micrwave door to let it air out
  • If your microwave vents to the outside, open the cabinet doors above the microwave

As quick as you can, you need to air that smell out of the house. The longer the odor lingers, the higher chance you have of your upholstry smelling.

Check back tomorrow and I’ll give you tips on cleaning the microwave 🙂


Leave a Reply